Is there another easier way?

We always look for the easiest way. So, if we have recommended this path, it is the best path (with the least risk). Of course, you can always have a jury trial or put it on the jury docket and hope that the prosecutors “cave” and give you some type of dismissal. Whether the prosecutors do this will depend on the facts. The more evidence of intoxication, the less likely this will happen.