After I turn in the application, and assuming they agree that I am eligible, what next?

They will require you to get the Travis County CES (drug and alcohol) evaluation designed for the DWI PTD program. If the CES counselors say that you have a serious alcohol or drug problem, they will not let you in the pre-trial diversion program. They will also require you to get the portable alcohol device and try it out for a few weeks. They want to make sure you know exactly how it works. They will give you credit for the time you are using the device (assuming no alcohol violations or skips).